Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Expat Dani

Dumela (Setswana- PC South Africa) or rather Lumela (Sesotho-Expat Dani in Lesotho) Dear Reader:

As soon as I accepted my new position, which would officially make me an expat, my parents and I began our feverish quest to find out what life would look like in my soon-to-be-new-hometown of Maseru. Oh sure, I've found the basic details like population size, weather patterns, geological make up, Peace Corps Volunteer doings, etc., but information about what to do, where to go, how, why and when have escaped me. I did find this cool map of Maseru though. So since I haven't found the type and amount of detail necessary to quench my thirst (read: My parents wondering if this is Peace Corps service Part Deux and what they did to make me want to move to a place that doesn't even have a mall), I've decided to start this whole blogging thing all over again to chart my journey of discovering what it means to be an expatriate...in Lesotho.

If you want to follow along, visit my new blog Expat Dani. Now that I'm starting this new endeavour, this will serve as the official last post on Living My Peace Corps Dreams (Yes, the end of an era...a moment of silence please.........). Onward and Upward we go!

No comments: