Monday, November 13, 2006

After the storm....




Currently where I am, it's technically "rainy season", yet up until last week or so, there's been little to no rain. Last week, it rained and poured for a few hours, but generally cleared up by evening time. Last Friday, I was hoping to spend the evening on my balcony, reading, eating and sipping on a cold beverage, instead I was first treated to a visual dessert! The sky was overcaste, the sun was setting, and it was just the right temperature. As I was simultaniously reading my current book (Not without laughter, by Langston Hughes) and stuffing a piece of garlic bread in my mouth (courtesy of my neighborhood SuperSpar), something caught my attention: the color of the sky and the seemingly complete stillness around me. The sky was the most amazing mixture of blues and intense yellow. Over the course of the next two hours, the sky evolved into a meadly of pinks, oranges, yellows and reds. All I could do was sit in amazement as I was treated to what seemed like an experimental art show in the sky. I took pictures but it was truly a "you had to be there" moment. Enjoy the pictures anyway, however keeping in mind that it was a zillion times better in the moment.

No comments: