Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Two days and counting...

Can you believe it? I only have two more days until I officially become a Peace Corps Volunteer...no longer a mere trainee. It seems like the days have alternated between moving by so quickly and not moving by fast enough. Now that the time is almost up, and then time for another stage in this journey, it really has only been a short time in retrospect. Although the time has been short, I've learned a great deal about myself, my fellow Peace Corps trainees, and the people of South Africa. Now that the next stage is fast approaching...I look forward to what the next two years has to offer.

Tonight is the last night I will spend with my host family. I've grow to become an intergral part of their lives as they have in mine. Both the education and NGO trainees will move back into the camp-like compound we lived in upon our arrival in South Africa. Wednesday, there will be a party with the Education and NGO trainees, which will be a blast I'm sure. Thursday is the big day. We'll be joined by U.S. and Peace Corps Officials, along with our site supervisors, to a "light lunch" and a swearing in. The next time you hear from me...I'll be official...

I hope that you continue to read and enjoy this blog and share with me in my journey...until then...Salang Sintle!!!!! (I'll give you R5 if you can guess which of South Africa's 11 official languages that is)...Any guesses?

No comments: