Friday, September 07, 2007

It's Official...I'm coming home.....

For a vacation. In November. Just in time for Thanksgiving. YEAH! For the past couple of months, I've been toying with the idea of coming home for a visit. At first I felt that there was some merit to saying that I haven't been back to the U.S. for two years. I wondered if coming home would break my focus, because I've adjusted to life in Rustenburg, but (maybe I'm rationalising here) it's not so different from home in many ways (which I've discussed at length in previous posts). Additionally, I've spoken to several PCVs in my group who have gone home and, instead of making it difficult to come back to site, it's left them refreshed. I think that's what I'm looking for: renewal and refreshment. It will be nice to see my family, friends, soul mate Gerald, Jestein, and Medin. It will be nice to eat all of the foods I've been craving...I've already made a list (who knows if it will all happen, but wishful thinking is allowed, right?):
Gosh, that list makes me so hungry! This also means that November (when I'm in town) is a good time to: have a baby, get married, buy a new car/home/condo, and feel generous enough to take me out to one of the above mentioned restaurants. November is, however, a couple of months away (but just enough time to book your tickets to come visit me), so I've got to buckle down until then...I've got work to do! Until the next time!

1 comment:

E.S.I. said...

U know I am down to eat whatever u feel like....I am ready for the invorating and long lasting smell of Benihana :)