Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Live it up, we could go crazy, live it up, you and me baby...live it up, live it up, live it up!

Hey There-

Long time no see (read)! If you've been following along with the misguided adventures of Dani-Mo, you'd already know that I've been working very hard at having as much fun as possible with family members and friends. Towards the beginning of this month, I had the opportunity to hang out with my Sunday School homeboy Jermaine and his family in Chicago. If I had to pick out the most exciting thing we did, it would be the self-guided tour of the Taste of Chicago, dancing in the park, and getting soaked at Millennium Park (Ok, I know that was more than one thing..more like a list...but it all happened in the same day...so that counts, right?). As a side note, if you've never been to Chicago in the summer time, it is a must do! The city is colder than a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ on a _ _ _ _ _ _ _(fill in the blank) for most of the year, but right along with everything else in nature, it comes alive during the spring and summer months!

On July 3rd, I headed off to the great city of Atlanta, my home town! Getting together and laughing with my family and friends on the 4th of July is something I will always treasure. Ok...here's another side note...every once in a while, when talking to a person who has been in/is in/interested in the Peace Corps, you'll hear about how difficult it is/was to convince family members and friends that joining Peace Corps is better than the many alternatives: not joining Peace Corps, getting a "real job", going off to school, etc. In some situations, parents/friends/significant others believe that they know what is best for the individual, and refuse to accept anything outside of the box they have created. For anyone experiencing this situation, I offer up my full support and encouragement to follow your heart!

I guess that I've been on the lucky end of the spectrum, where I've received nothing less than everyone's full support, regardless of if they understand my decision or not. While I know that I will be miss tremendously, everyone...including the most unlikely characters, know that this is my dream and that it will propel me forward in a positive direction. As I spent time with my friends and family in Atlanta and Chicago, I was enveloped with love and sent along knowing that I have the best support system! I love you all!

Currently, I'm in the midst of livin' it up in Tacoma with my homie Jay-Pee. Thus far, I've been to a couple of high school/AAU basketball games, cook outs, a Rainiers baseball game, a day at and around the Experience Music Project, played a game of Mafia, several games of Spades, watched The Devil Wears Prada, laughed, talked, and laughed a whole lot more! Every time we hang out, there's always something fun going on. I've concluded that good times come along with his infectious personality!I'm constantly reminded of why we are so cool...we're opposites, but ironically, we're soooo similar! Well, anyway, I'm sure that once this trip is (sadly) over, I'll have more to post.

When the opportunity presents itself, I'll make sure to post some crazy pictures!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mama, "long-winded" is an understatement. You know I have ADHD! I tried to get caught up on your blog - and I did - but I also wrote a novel, starred in a play, fell in love, fell out of love, killed two birds with one stone LITERALLY - I threw a stone and it knocked one bird into another and they both slammed into a yellow cab, then I read three books on how to increase wealth while staying thin, I went to rehab for my sex addiction, and then I came back to your blog and finsished getting caught up. It's been an interesting life...My white father died in fine big mansion, my black mother died in a shack. I wonder where I'm gonna die, being neither white nor black.

Dani said...

Jeb-
I know I can always count on you for the inspiration factor! "I went to my daddy, said 'daddy I got the blues', he said, 'child can't you bring me no better news?'"

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful(period).

-JJH