Friday, June 30, 2006

A time for good byes...A time for new beginnings

Yes, today is my last day as a research staff member at Northwestern University. It has definitely been an insightful journey to learning about myself, Chicago, gang violence, and life outside of being a student.

Yesterday, my co-workers took me out to lunch at a lovely Ethiopian spot in Evanston. We ate, laughed, and talked about what's next in my life, their lives, and the future of the project. I learned a great deal from each one of them, which is something I will never forget.

The day before, I said my goodbyes to some of the staff members at CeaseFire. For about a year, I've lived and breathed gang life in Chicago. I had an amazing opportunity to be exposed to a life I've never known, and grew to respect the people who are putting their lives on the line to make a difference in the lives of others. I wish the program and all of the staff members much success! I will definitely be keeping up with the program!

On to new experiences...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon Danielle!!! How are you? When did you leave?Can you email me soon if possible? I have a problem to tell you. Talk to you later.Raven