Saturday, June 10, 2006

I'll miss you most of all...Stinky Stinky Fat Cupcakes!

I knew that you were mine even before I met you at six weeks old. I met you, along with your birth mom, brothers and sisters. I said to myself: I wanted you to choose me. There was a really cute puppy that I just knew would be mine, but as usual, you want what you want when you want it. As I was holding this sweet ray of sunshine, I felt you tugging at my shoe strings...it was love at first sight!

Fast forward through your puppy years: your childhood friend Cowboy, sliding into the beveled glass window a few times, running away only to return at 4 am the next morning without your collar on, loosing your puppy teeth, jumping in the Chattahoochee River (stand up fool, stand up), and so many other memories.

You watched me go away to college. I watched you take your first plane trip to Chicago. You watched me through the windows by the front door as I'd get in the cab headed for a flight back to Atlanta. I've watched you as you bark, kick, and scratch while you're asleep.

Now you're a senior citizen, a card carrying AARP member, leaky potty boy, calm, cool, collected, distinguished gentleman. I love you and I'll miss you when I'm away! Hold it down in the Chi my boy!

No comments: