Monday, June 05, 2006

Take a tour of the S.S. Jay-P...check!

Ladies, this is how you do it: Have him cookin' you breakfast with a smile! Whip that batter Jay-Pee...and I want some bacon and eggs too!

And the rest of the night was a blur!


Me and Jay-Pee out with Mary and AJ at the Ram

Hey there,

You're back...I guess that means you want to hear more about what I've been up to...with only a few weeks remaining before the big move to ZA! If you remember the agenda that I included a few posts ago...you would know that this weekend I was in Tacoma, Washington, visiting my friend Sunday School Jay-Pee (the S.S. Jay-Pee for short)! If I could sum my trip up in a word (which I don't think is possible): Wow (for everyone); "Be my bass...a boom boom" (for Jay-Pee). I knew he was cool (from the many, many, many conversations we've had), but he is even better in person! We laughed, ate (he cooked pancakes, bacon, and eggs one morning and a noodle, broccoli, and chicken dish after I requested that we eat a meal with veggies), went drinking with AJ and Mary, worked on little to no sleep, hung out with (his) friends and family, listened to a lot of music, did the SpongeBob Squarepants dance (me) and the extra special E-40 dance (him), saw "The Break Up" and had to wait in the movie theater parking lot while Jay-Pee locked me out of the car and drove around just for a few laughs, played cards with Uncle Zack and Michele (and got a beating...thanks a lot Jay-Pee), watched the "Pink Gloves" play and win, gave a personalized-midnight concert, laughed and listened to him play the trumpet at 3 am while everyone in the house was asleep, went to Seattle and watched a neuvo-Janice Joplin dance to a live blues band, and laughed a whole lot more!

Why is it that time seems to move so quickly when you're having sooo much fun? Before I knew it, my long weekend was up (Friday-Sunday), and was dreading the thought (or reality) of leaving...which is why I'm very, very happy that it worked out that I stayed until today...and had even more funny experiences! Hopefully, I'll be able to make an extra trip out there for more fun in the sun...well, overcast sky and light drizzle. If I didn't have to go back to work...I'd still be there...but alas...all things must come to an end...but not in this case...it's just the beginning!

Wanna hear some of the music we listened to? (PBJ...you're teasin' me...lol)

,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm going to South Africa with the Peace Corps and my staging event begins July 17th - we're probably part of the same group! If you want to chat before hand e-mail me a vhh015000@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. But there's one in particular that I missed. It's the one where you're embracing life...so to speak, hehehehe.

Anonymous said...

That batch never got cooked...keep it real! Ladies, pancake batter has so many ALTERNATIVE uses:)

Dani said...

Jay-Pee,
I'm sure that pancake batter has many alternatives, but the batter you're holding went along with some great bacon and eggs...You keep it real! ;-)