Monday, August 20, 2007

Dildo update

Just as I expected, thus far, the dildos that my friend sent me have been a hit, particularly with the female counselors! On Friday, I met up with four of the counselors who regularly go out on the mobile testing unit, in order to introduce the new educational tool and to have them refresh their condom demonstration skills. As soon as I walked into the meeting room with the brown box and a packet of condoms, everyone became giddy and could hardly sit still. Before introducing the dildos, however, I had to talk to them about the "Dildo Sign-In/Sign-Out Sheet". I told them, as they already seemed to know, about how expensive the dildos are and how our organization will not be able to afford to replace them if they happen to "disappear". Each dildo is numbered, so when a counselor wants to use one (for educational purposes only), they must write down the corresponding dildo number, etc., etc., etc. Somehow, I don't think that anyone hear what I had to say. To them, I must have sounded like the teacher in the Charlie Brown cartoon. Shame! After giving my little speech about taking responsibility for them if they're "lost", damaged, or stolen, we got to the part they were all waiting for: each one of them was handed a "life like" dildo of varying "skin" tones. It took a good twenty minutes for the ladies to calm down after noticing the texture, colors, veins, etc. Once we got that covered, one lady demonstrated how to correctly guide someone on how to use a condom. Each person gave tips on how to improve on the demonstration, although everyone in the group knows how to do it properly (teach someone how to use a condom that is). After the meeting, it took serious restraint for them not to run around the office with dildos, showing them off to other counselors!

Fast foward to today, one of the counselors on the mobile came into my office before heading out for the day, and told me that she told her husband about the dildos and said "to hell" with him! I told her not to have her husband coming to me complaining!

No comments: