Friday, May 26, 2006

52 days and counting...

In 52 days, I will be headed off to Peace Corps staging, presumably in Philadelphia! Ohmigoodnessgollygracious, time is moving so quickly! Just last month, or even at the beginning of this month, the days seemed to be dragging on and July 17th seemed soooo far away! Now, my leave date is right around the corner and I still have so much to do! Well, thanks for visiting my...oh, you want to know what I have to do, in order to leave? Ok, here it is (keeping in mind that things will be added to the list as we go):

Today: Get a whole lot of work done for my job! All I do is work, work, work!

Saturday: Showin' the rest of the world that I have command over a BBQ grill!

Monday: Get up early and start getting ready for work, smile and realize that today is Memorial Day, and roll back over to continue my Peace Corps dreams.

Tuesday-Thursday: Work, work, and more work...ugh!

Friday, June 2-Sunday, June 4: Headed out to Tacoma, to visit my former Oklahoma City-Redeemer Lutheran Church-Sunday school buddy, Jay-Pee (with an emphasis on the Pee). I used to see him during my yearly summer pilgrimage to the grandparents', that is until he and his family moved to Florida. We lost touch from at least my stint in Jr. High School to the end of grad school...what is that, like 11 years? Well, while in OKC visiting her dad, my mother ran into him...and gave him my number. We we've been fast friends ever since...and now to my long-awaited trip...cause I've been telling him I'd visit him for a year now... Really, this trip is more of a site seeing tour, seeing as how he is the first African American I knew with red hair and freckles (think the Black male version of Pippi Longstockings). I will be posting pictures!

Some time between June 5 and 9: Submitting my resignation for my job...which would make my last day June 30th!

Friday, June 16: Complete the last portion of my Peace Corps medical application. I know, I know, I told you that I was medically cleared a long time ago. Well, I was, but the PC medical application lasts for one year from the date you first submitted it...which is why I'm leaving before October 2006...so I don't have to go through the whole process over again. My dental clearance however, has expired, so I need to get a check up to say I have good teeth...I do, I really do. Actually, I had my first appointment on May 15th, but I have to replace a filling that decided it had enough of me...and left the building! So after my appointment on the 16th, I'll Fedex the PC my form...and I'll be ready to hit the road running.

Some time between June 5 and 30: Selling my dear sweet Candy! I'll miss you girl!

June 30: MY LAST DAY ON THE JOB!!!...although I've really enjoyed working here. It's not too often that someone can say that they really love what they do! I'm one of those people! I've met so many wonderful people and have gained valuable work experience...but joining the PC is something I've wanted to do for so long, and it will hopefully take me far (in my personal life, work life, spiritual life, etc.)! I've gotta do this for me!

July 1-17th: Pack, visit friends, say my many goodbyes, bask in the ultra violet UV-PC rays, and visit every restaurant that I've grown to love here in Chicago (soooo many...sooo many)!

I'm sure things will be added to the list...I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi this is Raven your website is really interseting.