Tuesday, May 30, 2006

BBQ'd Out!

One of the things that I included on my agenda (mentioned in the last post) was to show the world I had command of a grill, but I think it should read more like: Show the world that, if you put in the least amount of effort, you too can gain weight by being a Memorial Day BBQ groupie.

On Saturday, my homegirl and I hosted a BBQ at my house, and about twenty or so people showed up. Even though that doesn't seem like a sizeable crowd, it sure did look the part on my small patio! In fact, it was busting at the seams, and if any more people were to have showed up...I might have ended up on the grill.

Sunday (which really seemed like a Saturday) was spent in the hundreds (and if you're from Chi city, you'll know what I'm talking about), with a couple of friends. There was a lot of food and even more trash-talkin' over the seemingly endless games of spades (Joker, Joker, duce, duce...ATL style), and gin!

Monday was spent on one of the south shore beaches with a bunch of old and new friends. Chef Yulanda and Felicia threw down with the corn (Yomika is still waiting on hers), hamburgers, beef ribs, and "grown-folks" snow cones! Mmm, Mmm good!

Ahh...while I'm supposed to spend my time, on this day, reflecting about all of the people that fought for this country...my nose won't let me stop dreaming about ribs, cakes, pies, fish, hamburgers, watermelon, baked beans, and potato salad.

No comments: